gavyam pavitram ca rasayanam ca pathyam ca hrdyam balam buddhi syata
aayuh pradam rakt vikar hari tridosh hridrog vishapaham syata
Meaning: Cow urine panchgavya is great elixir, proper diet, pleasing to heart, giver of mental and physical strength, enhances longevity. It balances bile, mucous and airs. Remover of heart diseases and effect of poison.
Today many AIDS patients are taking cow urine therapy. People who were suffering with migraine and headache for the past 15 years have recovered within six months of taking this therapy. Whether it is the question of relieving tension or improving the memory power, in the past few years the Cow Urine Treatment and Research Center, Indore, has treated one and a half lakhs of people. Out of the total patients 85 to 90 percent were patients of constipation there is an old saying that if the stomach is clean half of the diseases get cured automatically. The patient taking cow urine therapy says that he is enjoying sound heath and passing bowels easily within one month of this therapy.
1.Cow urine has amazing germicidal power to kill varieties of germs. All germ generated diseases are thus destroyed.
2.According to Ayurveda the cause of all diseases is the imbalance in three faults (tri-dosas) i.e. mucous, bile and air. Cow urine balances the tri-dosas, thus diseases are cured.
3.Cow urine corrects functioning of liver. So, liver makes healthy pure blood. It gives disease resistance power to the body.
4.There are some micronutrients in our body, which give life strength. These micronutrients are flushed out through urine. Therefore gradually ageing steps in our body. Cow urine has all elements, which compensate for deficiency of nutrients in our body, which are required for healthy life. Thus Cow urine stops ageing process. So it is called an elixir and also life giving.
5.Cow urine contains many minerals especially Copper, gold salts, etc. It compensates for bodily mineral deficiency. Presence of gold salts protects body against diseases.
6.Mental tension hurts nervous system. Cow urine is called medhya and hradya, which means it, gives strength to brain and heart. Thus cow urine protects heart and brain from damages caused by mental tension and protects these organs from disorders and diseases.
7.Excessive use of any medicine leaves some residue in our body. This residue causes diseases. Cow urine destroys the poisonous effects of residues and makes body disease free.
8.Electric currents (rays) which are present in the
environment keep our body healthy. These rays in form of extremely small currents enter our body through Copper in our body. We get Copper from cow urine. To attract these electric waves is quality of Copper. Thus we become healthy.
9.By acting against the voice of soul (immoral & sinful action), the heart and mind become narrow minded. Due to this the functioning of body is effected and causes diseases. Cow urine provides mode of goodness. Thus helps us to perform correct activities by mind. Thus protects from diseases.
10.In scriptures some diseases are said to be due to sinful actions performed in previous lives which we have to bear. Ganga resides in cow urine. Ganga is destroyer of sins, thus cow urine destroys such previous sins and so diseases are cured.
11.The diseases caused by entrance of ghosts in body are cured by intake of cow urine. The Master of ghosts is Lord Shiva. Lord Shiva holds Ganga on his head. Ganga is in cow urine also. Thus by taking cow urine, the ghosts get to see Ganga over their master's head. So they are calmed and become peaceful. So they do not trouble the body. Thus, diseases caused by entrance of ghosts are also destroyed.
12.By regularly taking cow urine before sickness, we get so much immunity that any attack of diseases is repulsed.
13.Cow urine being miraculous poison destroyer, destroys the disease caused by poison (Toxin). Extremely dangerous chemicals are purified by cow urine. Cow urine provides immunity power by increasing resistance power against diseases in human body. It is anti toxin.
14."Sarve rogaah hi mandagnau" All diseases begin with mandagni (Low fire i.e. digestive capacity). If fire is strong, diseases won't occur. Cow urine keeps the fire strong.
Chemical description of cow urine as per modern concepts and cure of diseases accordingly
Chemical contents of cow urine:-
1. Nitrogen N2 ,NH2 Removes blood abnormalities and toxins, Natural stimulant of urinary track, activates kidneys and it is diuretic.
2. Sulphur S Supports motion in large intestines. Cleanses blood.
3. Ammonia NH3 Stabilise bile, mucous and air of body. Stabilises blood formation.
4. Copper Cu Controls built up of unwanted fats
5. Iron Fe Maintains balance and helps in production of red blood cells & haemoglobin. Stabilises working power.
6. Urea CO(NH2)2 Affects urine formation and removal. Germicidal.
7. Uric Acid C5H4N4O3 Removes heart swelling or inflammation. It is diuretic therefore destroys toxins.
8. Phosphate P Helps in removing stones from urinary track.
9. Sodium Na Purifies blood. Antacid
10. Potassium K Cures hereditary rheumatism. Increases appetite. Removes muscular weakness and laziness.
11. Manganese Mn Germicidal, stops growth of germs, protects decay due to gangrene.
12. Carbolic acid HCOOH Germicidal, stops growth of germs and decay due to gangrene
13. Calcium Ca Blood purifier, bone strengthener, germicidal
14. Salt NaCl Decreases acidic contents of blood, germicidal
15. Vitamins A,B,C,D,E Vitamin B is active ingredient for energetic life and saves from nervousness and thirst, strengthens bones and reproductive ingredient for energetic life and saves from nervousness and thirst, strengthens bones and reproductive power.
16. Other Minerals Increase immunity
17. Lactose C6H12O6 Gives satisfaction., strengths heart, removes thirst and nervousness.
18. Enzymes Make healthy digestive juices, increase immunity
19. Water (H2O) . It is life giver. Maintains fluidity of blood, maintains body temperature
20. Hipuric acid CgNgNox . Removes toxins through urine
21. Creatinin C4HgN2O2 Germicide
22. Aurum Hydroxide AuOH It is germicidal and increases immunity power. AuOH is highly antibiotic and anti-toxic
(Source : Goshala)
Gomutra has been found to be a good digestive, laxative and a neutralizing agent against toxins. With regard to the Ayurvedic concept of tridosha, Gomutra is said to be a vitiator of kapha and is reported to alleviate vata and pitta disorders.
Cow's urine has been described in Ayurveda as a therapeutic agent. Gomutra is used as a cure for various diseases such as anaemia 5.6, jaundice 7, rakta pitta 8, heart diseases 9, piles 10 and hoarseness of voice II as the main treatment or as anupan, i.e. as a base for other plant derived drugs or minerals such as loha-bhasma or loha-churna. It is interesting to know that cow's fermented urine is also used in Africa as a treatment for malaria 12; cattle do not suffer from malaria although there is babesiosis, an infection of red cells. (Source:- govigyan)
Gomutra - Basic principles
· Rasa - Katu, tiktha, Kashaya
· Veerya - Ushna
· Guna - Laghu
Lekhana, Kushtaghna, Kandughna, Udare hitam - it is good in ascetics. Generally Udara is enlargement of abdomen due to different causes. One of the most common is ascites or accumulation of peritonneal fluid.
Gomutra - Indications
· Mukha roga (Diseases of mouth)
· Netra roga (Diseases of the eye)
· Swasa (Breathlessness)
· Vata roga (Diseases due to Vata dosha)
· Paandu (Anemia)
· Pleeha (Enlargement of spleen)
· Shotha (Edema)
· Varchograha (Constipation) ·
Very much useful in Sthoulya or Obsessity because of its Lekhana Guna
Used as one of the main ingredients in Kshara vasthi
It has got digestive (Pachana) effect. Is used in arthrities induced due to indigestion.
Negative : Pittakaraka
Gomutra induced urticaria - case reported in Journal of Clinical and Experimental Dermotology.
The urticaria lesions subsided immediately after discontinuing the intake of Gomutra.
The above documented case in a way confirms what our Classical texts have stated.
Gomutra - uses
Classical Ayurvedic texts contain innumerable references for the usage of Gomutra :
Some examples :
· In the shodham of vishadravyas such as vatsanabha, kuchla etc.
· As anupana along with other medicines
Role of Gomutra in High Blood pressure
One of the probable modes of action when it reduces blood pressure may be it is acting as a diuretic. The diuretic action can be determined by studying the urine output volume, sodium content in the blood before and after administration of gomutra to the subject.
Gomutra in Anemia
Role of Gomutra in Anemia
Anemia is defined as a pathologic deficiency in the oxygen carrying of the blood's hemoglobin.
Hypothesis : Presence of erythropoietin hormone in urine may be one of the reasons why gomutra is useful in anemia.
In Ayurveda the patient is given Snehapaana with Panchagavya ghrta prior to administration of purgation therapy.
Gomutra and skin disorders
Cow urine when administered alongwith Hareetaki is the best medicine to alleviate skin diseases.
Gomutra and Cough
Pathya (Diet) in Cough:
Gomutra (Cow urine), Garlic, Hareetaki, Trikatu, Warm water, Honey
Use of Gomutra in Filariasis
The decoction of Strebulus asper is to be given alongwith Gomutra to relieve filariasis
Psychiatric illness and Panchagavya
Panchagavya Gritha is highly useful in psychiatric illness such as Mania, schizofrenia and depression
An orthopedic expert has tried Panchagavya gritha in chronic Osteomyelits and obtained very good results.
Panchagavya Ghrta which is prepared using all the five components is useful in the treatment of Unmada (mental illness), Apasmara (Epilopsy)
Gomutra and Leucoderma
This formulation is Gomutrasava and is also available as Chitrakasavam
Gomutra in Sciatica
In pain due to Sciatica, castor oil is to be given alongwith Gomutra for a duration of one month
Gomutra in Orchitis
Orchitis is swelling of the Testers
Here Gomutra is administered in combination with Triphala Kashaya
Gomutra in Ascites
Eranda taila (Castor oil) whin given along with Cow urine or Cow milk relieves Ascites.
Duration : One to two months
(Source :- wishvagou)
**The healing properties of cow urine have been referred to in the ancient texts of Ayurveda, India’s natural medicine. However ancient times were witness to happier grass fed cows. Drinking the urine of today’s cattle that feeds on plastics and other waste will likely translate to imbibing huge amounts of toxins!